CREAplus InitTool - basic management tool for Gemalto smart cards and USB tokens.
What is CREAplus InitTool?
CREAplus InitTool is a basic management tool for Gemalto smart cards and USB tokens.
How Does It Work?
The InitTool does basic initialization operations on the smart card inserted into the connected smart card reader or on the USB token. The smart card or USB token is initialized with preferences set in the configuration file.
Why Do I Need It For?
The smart card security depends on setting Admin PIN and User PIN codes. Leaving the factory set Admin PIN unchanged may expose the smart card to unauthorised use (possibility to reset PIN etc.). Additionally, the InitTool offers a comfortable way of setting Admin and User PIN. It is also possible to set PIN policy for User PINs.
- Based on profiles
- Setting PINs (Admin and User, Unlock etc.)
- Fixed or random value PIN, different lengths
- Setting of PIN policy for User PIN
- Setting of external User PIN entry flag
- Setting of User PIN caching
- Setting retry counter before locking User PIN
- Saving data to a database file
- Customizing a database file
- Printing of User PIN and Unlock PIN through templates
- Computing PKCS#11 smart card serial number
- Additional tools
- check, change, unblock PINs
- reset card
- Multilingual support
- Gemalto IDPrime .NET/MD smart cards
- Windows Operating System
- Local network for distributed environment
Currently Supported Platforms
Windows Vista or newer.